The community’s spacious deepwater harbour (8-foot draft at MLW) will accommodate yachts of all sizes, making it a boater's dream come true. The yacht basin is unique for two reasons: (1.) it is carved out of solid limestone, resulting in a natural sea wall that’s “as hard as rock” and (2.) it has a constant and replenishing flow of fresh water due to the area’s tides, prevailing winds, and a 12-foot wide flow channel constructed on the east side of the property. As a result, the water will “turn over” every 24 hours, so your harbour’s water will always be as clear it is along your shoreline.
Ownership at Seaward is about choice. Whether you picture yourself living oceanfront on tranquil turquoise seas, or harbourside just a brief walk from the pool and tennis complex, once you hand-select a Seaward homesite, you may opt for a pre-designed island home or choose to create your fully customized estate on a homesite ideal for such a home. Whatever your choice, whether it’s a turnkey-constructed island home or a hand-crafted island estate, we will be pleased to provide you with a list of recommended, tried and true builders and architects.
Just about a half mile off shore of Seaward’s harbour, the ocean drops to more than 300 feet in depth, offering great deep-sea fishing. Grand Bahama Island is one of the premier destinations in the world for sport fishing. Get ready to hook a marlin, sailfish, blue, and yellowfin tuna, bonefish, or barracuda—to name a few.
Located on the southwestern shore of the western tip of the Bahamas’ Grand Bahama island, Seaward is less than 65 miles east of Palm Beach, Florida. As such, Seaward is easily accessible via two international airports that are less than 10 miles from your island home. Just down the paved highway from your home at Seaward, you’ll find the quaint settlement of West End, the oldest city on Grand Bahama Island that today is considered its historical capital. Immediately to the east of Seaward, Eight Mile Rock is the largest settlement on Grand Bahama Island, outside of Freeport/Lucaya, and is named after the eight miles of solid rock contained here.
To assure each Seaward homeowner of the long-term value and right to enjoy the undisturbed use of their island home, Seaward’s residential design guidelines do not permit the construction of homes that exceed reasonable use and design parameters. As a demonstration of this underlying principal, the minimum air-conditioned area for a home is 1,500 square feet with a maximum size of 6,000 square feet, with residential height restricted to a maximum of 40 feet above the crown of the road. Furthermore, since Seaward is not pursuing speculative investors or homebuyers planning .
THE 1-ACRE HOMESITES and HOMES:
* Seaward’s 11 oceanfront, 10 ocean view 1-acre homesites are approximately 110 feet wide and over 400 feet deep, are a minimum of 11 feet above sea level and will provide panoramic views of Seaward's spectacular sunsets, tranquil deep-water harbour and unspoiled shoreline
* The minimum air-conditioned area for a home is 1500 square feet with a maximum size of 6,000 square feet. Height restrictions are a maximum of 40 feet above the crown of the road.
* The harbourfront, oceanview homes will have guaranteed ocean views since their centerlines will line up with the property lines of the ocean front lots; 15-foot setbacks will establish a minimum of a 30-foot wide view to the ocean.
* Each homesite offers a minimum of 105 ft. of harbour frontage
* A 50-foot wide landscape buffer surrounds the perimeter of the property.
* A wide selection of architects and builders are available to help create your dream home (o.kane)