The clubhouse has gyms and sauna's and cost in excess of 3,128,500 Euros to build . The future house will have seaview , as the property is on the highest point on the ridge , plot number 545 . The cost of a double story 2 bedroom house would be around 125 000 Euros and a 5 bedroom house with a deck and pool etc... is about 350 000 Euros. It is important to know that either size house would fit on the land and since there are no limits in terms of style, whoever buys this land can build their dream home !
Shelley Point, an established Security Village and Golf Estate on the West Coast located on a private peninsula, is the epitome of a successful development. It is the extension of the Golden Mile Boulevard of Britannia Bay, which forms part of St. Helena Bay, ± 25 km north of Vredenburg and 150 km from Cape Town. It is fringed by three natural bays, each with its own unique qualities, from beautiful white beaches with world-class surf to one of the calmest bays on the West Coast and is arguably one of the most pristine developments.
With numerous different species of birds as well as seals, dolphins and whales and an abundance of other marine life - crayfish, mussel, snoek, harder and perlemoen - creates a paradise for fishing and diving.
Shelley Point is a private town run by a Home Owners Association, which is responsible for all services, private open spaces, gardens, parks and boardwalks. To ensure that the Shelley Point peninsula remains unspoilt, an environmentally friendly design approach was maintained with the installation of all services such as electricity and telephone cables underground. Entry to Shelley Point is through a single Cape Dutch style entrance building (24-hour security). Monthly levies cover maintenance of common areas and security and amounts to R150.00 per month.
The golf course is surrounded by beautiful gardens of indigenous West Coast vegetation. Other activities enjoyed by residents are fishing, hiking, sailing, surfing, bird watching and many more.
* Cattle Baron Steakhouse, a popular restaurant renown for food on the West Coast.
* 400 fully grown palm trees, 70 years old weighing up to 25 tons.
* Fountains built by Belgium craftsmen (largest weighing 15 tons).
* Boardwalk access to beaches to protect sensitive ecology. * Underground electricity and telephone lines to protect ecology.
PLOT INFORMATION AND BUILDING GUIDELINES
* Beachfront plots are about 20m from the high water mark.
* Back plots about 150m from the high water mark.
* Plots Average Size : 500 - 900 m² (Phases); 380 - 600 m² (Golf Estate).
* Minimum size of house : 120 m² (excluding garage)
* Height restrictions : Beach front - 5 to 6.5m; Back plots - 7 to 9m; Golf Estate - 7.5m
* No building time deadline.
* Basic aesthetic building constraints: Dark roofs, i.e. Tiles, Thatch or Mazista Slates. White walls.
* Municipal services by local municipality under supervision of Home Owners Association. (ref:Alek1)